The Kerala Chicken Roast is a fried recipe. The food is full of flavor and spices. The dish smells authentic South Indian. You can easily prepare the dish for dinner and serve the food as a side dish. You can serve the chicken with rice or some sort of Indian bread.
Ingredients You Need
- Chicken – 1 kilogram
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Chilli powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Either lemon juice of vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 to 5 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- For roasting you need 3medium onions
- You should take one tomato well blanched and without the skin to form puree
- You need 3 slitted green chilies
- You require 3 sprigs of curry leaves
- You can take ¼ teaspoon of garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper powder
- 1 lemon in the juice form
- You need the right oil amount
Steps to Make the Roasted Chicken
- You can clean and cut the chicken and form medium pieces.
- You should take all the ingredients and marinate well to form the paste
- You should marinate the chicken pieces well with the paste and keep aside for one hour.
- You should make thin slices of onion and fry them in hot oil.
- Use the same oil to fry the chicken. You should cover the pan so that the chicken does not get browned. The chicken should get cooked and soft from inside.
- You should fry the curry leaves and green chillies in the same oil. It is time that you sauté the item for one minute.
- Add tomato paste and apply pepper powder and garam masala.
- Add the lemon juice and check for salt.
Lastly, you should add the fried onions and mix well the dish to make it taste good.